Seminar Web Science
[2015-04-27] Topics and Supervisors have been assigned
The overall topic will be Data Flows in the Digital Economy
Assignment of Students to Topics and Supervisors
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HISinOne for participation in the indicated seminar.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting, an introduction presentation and two sessions, each with mandatory participation.
- April 21th, 16:15 (SR 106-00-007): Preparation Meeting- topic assignment
- April 28th , 16:15 - 18:00 (SR 106-00-007) Introductory presentations on Social Network Analysis and Privacy (by the hosts)
- July 8th, 9:00 - 15:00 (SR 078-00-014) - First presentation session
- July 15th, 9:00 - 15:00 (SR 078-00-014) - Second presentation session
- Report templates: Word/Latex
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by early June
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 40 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted two weeks before the presentations. Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report