Seminar Web Science
- [19.06.2012] Updated schedule and reports published
- [14.05.2012]: Updates on times and rooms: June 22nd, SR 02-016/18, building 101; June 29th, 01-029, building 051; 10am-4pm for each meeting
- [07.05.2012]: Templates, Topics assignments online
In total, 12 topics are available, each with an initial set of references.
These topics are listed on a separate page, including references
Topic assignment (topic, student, advisors)
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HIS-LSF for participation in the indicated seminar.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting and two session, each with mandatory participation.
- Preparation Meeting: A preparation meeting will be held on April 24, 10am to assign students to topics
- Session I: The first session will be held on Friday, June 22nd, 2012, from 10am to 4pm, room SR 02-016/18, building 101
- Session II: The second session will be held on Friday, June 29th, 2012, from 10pm to 4pm, Room 01-029, building 051
- Report templates: Word/Latex (updated to doube-column)
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by June 8th 2012
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 40 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations have to be in PPT(X) and need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted by Wednesday, June 20th (first session), June 27th (second session) the latest, by email to Thomas Hornung
- Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report