Seminar Web Science
The overall topic will be User interactions
and influence on various online platforms
Specific topics will listed on a separate page, including references.
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HISinOne for participation in the indicated seminar.
- We will present the topics in the first week, after that you can update your preference for the individual seminars. By the midst of the second week (May 4/5th), the department will make an assignement of students to seminars. We will then perform the topics assignment.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 8. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting, an introduction presentation and a student presentation session, each with mandatory participation.
- April 25th, 12:00 (SR 051-01-029): Preparation Meeting- topic assignment
- (tentative) May 9th, 14:000 (SR 051-01-029) Introductory presentations on Social Network Analysis and Privacy (by the host)
- (tentative) July 4th, 9:00 - 12:00, 13:00-16:00 (SR 051-01-029) - student presentation session
- Report templates: Word/Latex
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by early June
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 30 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted two weeks before the presentations. Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report