Seminar Web Science
[2016-03-22] Topics published
[2016-04-22] Assignment of Topics to Students published
The overall topic will be Trust and Privacy in Social Media
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HISinOne for participation in the indicated seminar.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting, an introduction presentation and two sessions, each with mandatory participation.
- April 19th, 12:00 (SR 051-00-031): Preparation Meeting- topic assignment
- April 26th, 14:000 (SR 051-01-029) Introductory presentations on Social Network Analysis and Privacy (by the hosts)
- July 6th, 13:00 - 18:00 (SR 051-01-029) - First presentation session
- July 13th, 13:00 - 18:00 (SR 051-01-029) - Second presentation session
- Report templates: Word/Latex
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by early June
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 30 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted two weeks before the presentations. Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report