Seminar Web Science
- [2014-05-05]: Topic assignment has been published
The overall topic will be Security and Privacy in User Profiling
Specific topics will listed on a separate page, including references
Assignment of Topics to Students and supervisors
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HIS-LSF for participation in the indicated seminar.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting, an introduction presentation and two sessions, each with mandatory participation.
- April 29th, 12:15: Preparation Meeting- topic assignment
- May 6th , 12:15 - 14:00 Introduction presentations on Social Network Analysis and Privacy (by the hosts)
- July 8th, 9:00 - 15:00 - First presentation session
- July 15th, 9:00 - 15:00 - Second presentation session
- All meetings will take place at SR 02-017, building 052
- Report templates: Word/Latex
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by early June
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 40 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted two weeks before the presentations. Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report