Seminar Web Science
[28.05.2014] Update on report deadline: Please aim for June 9th as report hand-in
[19.04.2014] Topics assignment posted, update on introduction session
[08.04.2014] Topic list and dates posted
The overall topic will be Security and Privacy in Social Network Analysis
Specific topics are listed on a separate page, including references
- We kindly ask prospective participants to apply via HIS-LSF for participation in the indicated seminar.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12. Students on the waiting list may be accepted if other students drop out, the latest at the preparation meeting.
- The seminar is organized as a bloc seminar, consisting of preparation meeting, an introduction presentation and two sessions, each with mandatory participation.
- April 17th, 14:00 (SR 00-006, building 051): Preparation Meeting- topic assignment
- April 23rd (SR 04-007, building 106), 13:00 - 15:00 Introduction presentations on Social Network Analysis and Privacy (by the hosts)
- July 10th, 9:00 - 15:00 (SR 00-006, building 051) - First presentation session
- July 17th, 9:00 - 15:00 (SR 00-006, building 051) - Second presentation session
- Report templates: Word/Latex
- Presentation template (PPTX)
Prerequisites for Passing
- Participation in all sessions
- Submission of written report (5-10 pages using the template) by June 9th
- Oral presentation of each participant (English or German); presentation 40 mins, discussion and question 10 mins; note that presentations have to be in PPT(X) and need to follow the format template handed out in the first session
- Final presentations need to be submitted two weeks before the presentations. Participation in discussions and the quality of questions raised is also part of the final grade assigned
- The final grade is composed 75% oral presentation plus participation in discussions and 25% written report